Occupying life - that is what we all do. How each person chooses to do so, is what makes each life unique.
The definition of 'occupy' means: "to engage or employ the mind, energy or attention of:" all the things that we find meaningful.
I love this definition. As an occupational therapist, this is what we work so hard at. Our primary focus is preparing for engagement/participation in functional and meaningful activities in everyday life.
I have recently finished up coursework in the Occupational Therapy program at Western Michigan University and will begin my journey as a practicing occupational therapist beginning the end of June on my level two fieldwork. For the last seven years, attending classes and labs has been the main subject of my occupancy. I am excited to begin this journey of becoming a licensed occupational therapist and sharing it with you.
For many years, I have dreamt about participating in my favorite hobbies once my schooling was completed. I am pleased to announce that I am finally at the point where I can do so. I am also pleased to announce that I am taking you all along with me. This blog will be about the daily occupations that fill my life and that I find meaningful. Some crafty things, some delicious, some things practical, and some things that may be only meaningful to me, but that I am going to share anyway.
Now that you know the focus of this blog, you also know the meaning and purpose of an occupational therapist.
I welcome you all to subscribe, comment, and share.
Thank you for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment